Miami is a beautiful place with beaches, yacht clubs, and fun shopping. However, some parts of Miami are dangerous. It would be wise to know good and bad areas. If you move to Miami, you should know what you need to watch out for.
Miami is full of lovely places to live. Some areas have serious crime, and you do not want to be a victim. Read on to find out the most dangerous and the safest places to live in Miami.
What part of Miami is not safe?
Miami is a trendy place to live in the United States. It is a beautiful place with many sites to see. However, particular areas in Miami are dangerous. The following are some of the most dangerous places to live in Miami:
- Model City – This is one of the worst neighborhoods in Miami. It is located in the Northwest part of the city, where many of the poorest and lowest income populations live. It is also known as the ghetto. The neighborhood is known for violent crimes and drug-related issues.
- Overtown – It is located Northwest of downtown Miami. Crime is said to be widespread in the neighborhood, even though there is a strong police presence. Violent crimes are 124 percent higher than the national average. The overall crime rate is 145 percent higher.
- Downtown – Violent crime is high in this area. Women are discouraged from being out alone at night. Gangs tend to hide in dark places and surprise their victims at this time.
- Little Haiti – This area was made for Haitian immigrants and other Caribbean residents. Crime and violence are abundant and are 200 percent more than the national average. It is considered a ghetto.
- Allapattah – There have been shootings here, which is unsettling for residents, even though it is only now and again. The crime rates in Allapattah are 125 percent higher than the national average.
- Little Havana – It is located west of downtown and is heavily populated. There is some crime in this neighborhood, but it is not overwhelming. However, there are dangerous gangs, and car robberies occur quite often.
- Wynwood – This is a neighborhood you should definitely avoid. There are a lot of thefts and break-ins, as well as violent crimes. Violent crimes in this neighborhood are 106 percent higher than the national average. In this area, you are at risk of being the victim of a crime.
- West Flagler – The population of this neighborhood is very high. There are many petty crimes and theft that take place. It is more dangerous at nighttime.
- Upper Eastside – This neighborhood has violent crimes 98 percent more than the national average. While mugging used to be prevalent, it has slowed down some thanks to police efforts.
- South Coconut Grove – There are more property crimes here than anything else. There are high rates of commonplace theft and vehicle theft.
While Miami may be known for sunny blue skies and gorgeous stretches of white sand, crime is also common in many city areas. Just as you need to know the parts of Miami to avoid, you should also know the safest places to live in Miami.
What Places in Miami are Safe?
Many people relocate to Miami when they retire. It is a gorgeous place, with the weather being the primary incentive to go there. People want to look for the safest areas to live in that do not have as much crime. The following are some of the safest places to live in Miami:
- Coral Gables – It is south of Miami International Airport and southwest of downtown Miami. It is considered ideal for young children.
- Coconut Grove – East of Coral Gables and a short drive from downtown Miami, Coconut Grove is located near the beach and the bay.
- Kendall – Southwest of Coral Gables. The crime rate in Kendall is 53 percent lower than the national average, which means it is 53 percent safer than other cities in the United States.
- Pinecrest – This area is located east of Kendall and southwest of Coral Gables. It is an area that considers old-school family values a priority. It is 12 percent less than all the cities in the United States.
- Aventura – It is the best place to live if you are a shopaholic. The city boasts the famous Aventura Mall.
- Bal Harbour – It is located at the northernmost tip of the North beach of Miami beach. This area may be one of the best places to live in Miami because of the low crime rate, stable housing market, and many comforts and conveniences.
- Sunny Isles Beach – This is one of the best cities for living in a condominium. It is located in North Miami, across from Aventura. There are a plethora of yacht clubs, private beaches, and fabulous restaurants around. It is 31 percent less than most cities in the United States.
- Key Biscayne – It is located southeast of Downtown Miami. You can only get there by way of the road through Rickenbacker Causeway. It is 45 percent less than the national average.
If you plan to move to Miami when you retire, you need to know the safest places to live. You can get a condo with a miraculous ocean view or an area near the best places to shop. Miami also has several of the most beautiful beaches. You can live near them with confidence and security.
Miami has great beaches and condominiums that overlook the water. However, Miami also has a problem with drugs, gangs, theft, and other crimes. You should know about Miami before you move to this area. It is a place where you can go from heavy crime in one area to a peaceful setting in the next.